Use Pixlr to enhance your promotional materials and social media postings. Pixlr is a free app that I downloaded to my Android device. There's an online version too. It’s become a main go-to for a variety of applications. I use it creatively to generate new ideas for artwork. But for this post, I'm going to show how it can be used to create eye-catching images for both print and online use.
It was possible to create very nice postcards with Pixlr photos using MOO for the printing. This is pretty great ‘cause it saves lots of steps and time not having to take high res photos with a dslr camera for print purposes!! Not to mention that it is a fun app to use.
On the right are a few screen shots from my device and some photos to show a bit of the process.
- For this example I used the Collage feature in the app. You can choose several photos from any Album on your device.
- I chose four recent works on paper paintings from the Camera Roll. The app pops them into an arrangement that can be easily changed. It’s fun to see all of the variations that are possible.
- I increased the space between images and made the corners rounded.
- Once you have settled on a configuration that you like, click DONE. Then save the image to your Albums or share with Facebook, Instagram and more. When posting to Instagram I often use it to show a variety of images or views. Super simple and fast!
- Below are some arrangements I tried with work from my new website before settling on one that would be printed onto a postcard.
- Here’s the final version that I had printed on a postcard by MOO. Represented are 1-2 paintings from each of the Collections on my website: Marvels and Mysteries, Ebb and Flow, Energy and Movement, Earthy, and Circles. https://christinesauerstudio.space